Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Highlighting Files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cemoran

cemoran

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

I stupidly used "Advanced System Optimizer" to 'tweak' my systems performance. One of the 'fixes' was to speed up my mouses highlighting of files. Now it is done instantly with no delay. I can even move out of windows explorer fast enough -- if I pass over a file it's highlighted. I have the setup for single click. The mouse options do not seem to cover this so there must be a Windows setting of some kind I can't find. I hope someone out there understands enough of my babble to help.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

Hello cemoran,

I'm not sure what options "Advanced System Optimizer" provides, but I do know that the free "Tweak UI" program in "Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP" provides several mouse speed-control features. Scroll down to find "Tweak UI" on the right-hand side:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

In the "Tweak UI" tree list, the Mouse dialog allows you to control cascading menu speed and mouse sensitivity. The Mouse, Hover dialog allows you to control how fast/soon a hover will be detected. The program itself provides a detailed description of each option in the right-hand pane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users