Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game.exe file--SIMS Coaster

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 loriann

loriann

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:31 PM

Hello...I posted a hi in introduction's and questioned where to post so I hope this is the place. Anyway, I play a game called Sim Coasters and after reading the read me file I figured I had my problem solved when it told me it was my 3D graphics card and to exit the game then restart it clicking safe mode icon on start menu. That did make the game play better by far, not jumpy,etc..., but tonight I got the dreaded "Game.exe failed" and then a microsoft error report box show's asking if I want to send an error report. I click yes then half the time the com freeze's up and I bring up (Task manager) because mouse won't work either. End game.exe process and dial-up connect (because th MS error report needed it :thumbsup: Then I reboot and it fine. Just get the error before game even get's going. Anyway, I have windows xp home sp2, modem is 56k, IE browser...is that it?

Hope you guy's can help, nice to meet, and Thanks :flowers:

(moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum.jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 15 June 2005 - 11:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikepin

mikepin

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

hello...can't really tell you what to do about it (I'm newbie too) but I do know that it is a Windows Prefetch file but I don't know what to tell you about it. One google search...and they all seem to proclaim it as Spyware, say's this:

"The game.exe process will take over your modem and attempt to "dial-out" to (potentially overseas or toll rate) telephone numbers in order to download adult content and store it on your computer."

Another search link to Microsoft say's:

"Game.exe is a prefetch file sometimes used by microsoft to enhance game play stability and monitor resolution."

Huh? I know so like you I'll be watching for the solution to this one from our expert panel here at bleeping computer :thumbsup:

#3 loriann

loriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

Ok I heard you may need more info. I'm 56k,windows xp home sp2, 256mb ram,intel ® 537EP Vx9 modem, don't know what all else...norton/spybot sd, MS antispyware beta, and my newest A-Squared for my protection. IE browser.

Anyway, I went to google and searched this Game.exe again and got 2 click on link there which were Game.exe file info link's at...you guessed it...BC! So I ran there and did what the tutorial say's: DL the autoruns program, extract to folder then in safe mode...etc... When I got to the double click to start program and the list came up I noticed there was no "view" clickon tab as the tutorial said there would be so I could not continue with the instruction's the tutorial is telling me to do. However, the list on the autoruns window did not have the elusive Game.exe file listed there for me to delete (per instructions) anyway.

I'm stumped and just want to play my game guy's...Help!

#4 loriann

loriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:59 AM

Wow! I haven't gotten a single constructive response yet...jeezzzzzzzzzzzz!
And someone actually told me I could get help here!! Ha! I guess my "little"
problem is actually a "big" problem alittle too complicated for you eh? Oh well.

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

First of all 256Megs Ram is pushing the limits for SP2.. I don't are what the specs say. What are the system requirements for the game itself?

You are also running a bunch of other stuff, thereby consuming more system resources. If I were you, I would go to Sim Coaster's support site and see if any other users are having similar problems. Are you running the latest firmware updates for your graphics card?

In the future, you should realize that a condescending attitude won't get you very far. There are basically two reasons why there have been no responses to your question. Either people don't know, or people don't care. This is a security forum, and as much as we try to offer all of the help we can for a variety of issues, we are not able to help with everything. Had I not received a PM asking me very nicely to take a look at your problem, your last post would have prompted me to remove the post just because of your demeanor. So you owe 'someone' a big thank-you.

Anyway, I hope you have better luck finding help elsewhere.

#6 loriann

loriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:11 PM

Groovicus :thumbsup: I'm sorry about that big guy,just alittle frustrated and taking it out on people I shouldn't, do it to the old man too. Anyway, I'm not sure what the system requirements are for the game but it does mention windows 95 and windows NT in the read me so maybe it's just an old game that will have it's moments on windows XP?
One other thing....Firmware? Would that be like triple W Firmware.com to get those graphic card updates (if any apply) and where at if not?? Free I hope.

Sorry again Groovicus (I apologized to my ol' man too) and thank's.

Lori (not really a B****) Ann

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:24 PM

The graphics card updates will be free, you will just need to go to the website that supports your graphics card and find the right drivers.

Inside the manula for SimCoaster, there should be a website addy for support. Maybe some other users had the same problem.

What tutorial were you looking at here? Maybe I can figure out a work around for what you are supposed to do.

Lori (not really a B****) Ann

We all have our days. :thumbsup:

#8 loriann

loriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:15 PM

The "Game.exe information" that I got after the google search was bleeping computer>startup database>game.exe information. It identifies Game.exe as an adult content dialer!! How would that get into my game an can I safely delete it? On a computer search I get 2 results concerning the game.exe file. One simply say's: Game C:\windows\bullfrog\simcoaster and the other one say's: Game.exe-0484AB80.pf then C:\windows\prefetch. ???????
If it's an undesirable program...but...well I just don't know. All I do know is I'll be playing and suddenly black screen and an MS error report window and I connect online to send that and thus far have gotten no replies from them.
Went to tech support at EA Games for Simcoaster and after a search concerning Game.exe failure and what to do about it I got no result's on search so I'm utterly stumped. Can't seem to find anything to stop this game failure from occuring. I have been just "saving" my game alot so that when it does happen I don't lose everything I have built so who know's that may be the best bet in playing this game...that bite's though. Anyway TY for the help Groovicus that rock's!

Loriann

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:37 PM

Ok, then you need to probably set your sytem to show hidden files. Do you know how to do that? I think maybe the best course of action would be to have you post a HijackThis log so we can be sure that there isn't other malware in there causing the conflicts. In the HJT section of the forums, there is a thread that shows you how to post it, and your boyfriend can help you since he has laready been through this once with me. Once you get your log posted, PM me and I will take a look at it (as soon as I have time). :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users