Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FTPupload using Filezilla

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff777

Geoff777

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

Hi all,

I recently uploaded my site onto 123 reg host. I uploaded all the files but the site does not display correctly, that is , no images can be seen.

because of the above l decided to try again using Filezilla. I downloaded and installed filezilla carried out the necessary procedure to install a new site using the password, host details provided, however l always get a failed login.

The support page suggests l check my connection settings, l am supposed to be using port 21, how do l do this??

I appreciate l have a number of questions here, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Geoff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Geoff777

Geoff777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:06 AM

In addition to the above, this is the error message l get:

530 login incorrect

Could not connect to server
Geoff

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:55 AM

Ok. A 530 error means that the ftp server is not recognizing your logon credentials. The default port for FTP is 21, and Filezilla knows to use it.

Let me see if I understand your issue. The pages are displayed, but the images are not being displayed within the pages? If that is the case, then the code in the HTML is incorrect. That is, the html page can not find the images with the path you have given them. In order to fix that, we would have to see your code, and understand what your file structure looks like.

#4 Geoff777

Geoff777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:10 AM

Hi,

THank you for your prompt response,

How do i check if port 21 is configured correctly?

My son built the site using dreamweaver, and as far as i'm aware never wrote any code!!

The last site l built was many years ago using Front page and the code was much eaasier to decipher.

The URL is www.uk-advertisements.co.uk, perhaps you can take a look and offer some advice.

Once again, many thanks
Geoff

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:16 AM

Dreamweaver creates the code, but sometimes it fuxors the paths. I would have to see the HTML code that was generated to try and figure out the problem. My guess is that it is a path issue. This is a bit hard to explain, so I'll just ask this. Are the images in the same folder as the HTML pages?

EDIT: Just looked at the site. There are some problems. In the Body tag, the MM_PreloadImages function is being called, and several parameters are being passed to it. The actual function does not take any parameters. I can't imagine how that would work, even inside of Dreamweaver. According the the way the paths are defined in the code, the images are located in a folder above the web page, which is a bit unusual. Images are usually in the same folder as the html, or one folder lower in a folder that holds just the images.

In a nutshell, the javascript calls are wrong. And I am a bit skeptical about the file structure. The thing to do would be to create a web page that displays a single image, and get that to work. Once that is accomplished, then your son will have a pattern to figure out how to load the rest of the images.

By any chance is your son in Highschool or college? There is better software than Dreamweaver that is free to High School or college level students.

#6 Geoff777

Geoff777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

Hi,

I dont think so, is that the issue?
Geoff

#7 Geoff777

Geoff777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:25 AM

HI,

The site previewed absolutely fine, and all the links were ok until we tried to upload it, once uploaded the problem manifested.

I don't know if this is any help at all.
Geoff

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:28 AM

Check my edited post up above. I have to go to bed now though. It is 2:30 AM, and I need some sleep. :thumbsup:

#9 Geoff777

Geoff777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:15 AM

Hi,

Thanks Groove, i'll check it out :thumbsup:
Geoff

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

Hmmm... I just visited and there's nothing there. The server responds, but there are no files at all.

#11 Geoff777

Geoff777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:21 AM

Hi Amazing,

I managed to get Filezilla working and have deleted all files that were uploaded.
My son is revising the site and rectifying any folder problems. We will upload the site shortly.
many thanks for taking the time to have a look.
:thumbsup:
Geoff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users