Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Harddrive

Harddrive

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

I'm using a:
Win98SE
IE6sp1
Ram-256MB
HDD 20GB

There is one site that I go to that depends on being able to load a 'companion ad site', in order for it's page to load properly(java applet). I never had any problems with it until a few weeks ago. I haven't added anything that should deny me access to the site. It's a game loading (not a download) 'ad page' on the Pogo game site. I have allowed all cookies, and removed my ZA firewall.

Here is the error...
res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/navcancl.htm#http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/pogo.domino.pogo/[br]misc_500;dcopt=ist;kw=am53;ptile=1;sz=500x350;ord=973013
By looking at this URL, can anyone tell where the failure lies? Is it the 'ad.doubleclick.net? or the .../pogo.dominoe.pogo/...?

One thing I wondered about is that, one time, I 'pinged' the ad.doubleclick.net (216.73.86.23) site and all four packets failed. Timed out. Is it possible that their server/firewall, responded to my 'ping' request by blocking me?

This computer makes a wireless connection thru a Linksys router to the cable modem. I can connect successfully to the site from the main computer, but, not this one.

I have previously used SpywareBlaster and it's hosts file, plus I've incorporated SpyBot's Hosts file into mine.
Now, I have cleared the Hosts file leaving 127.0.0.0 localhost.
Still the error comes up. I have turned off SpywareBlaster and disabled it. No popup blockers are turned on.
I have been to Add/Remove and ran the IE repair then 'restarted'. No joy.

Anybody have any ideas as to how to go about clearing this?
I understand this to be Windows way of saying it cannot connect to that page. So, does that mean, it's a router port thing? Could they be blocking me? Is it possible, I'm blocking them?

Thank you for any leads on which direction to take.
Harddrive :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users