Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application data

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 someguy111

someguy111

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

I was wondering if there was any way that I can stop applications from saving files into my personal folder on the C: drive. It seems that if I install a program (ie. Itunes) on say my D: harddrive, all these files associated with that program start to save onto my Documents and Settins/Applications data folder on my C: drive. Is this something that always happens or can I get around this? Another program that does this is Azureus...all my downloads go to my C: drive instead of where I am telling them to go on a different drive!
Thank you
SG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:46 AM

Hello someguy111 and welcome to BC.

all these files associated with that program start to save onto my Documents and Settins/Applications data folder on my C: drive. Is this something that always happens

With a lot of programs, even though you try to install on a different drive, some files will still need to be on the same drive as the OS.

Another program that does this is Azureus

Can you not change the location of the shared directory from within Azureus? I haven't used that one but any other one I have used allows this.

Edited by Leurgy, 16 June 2005 - 07:48 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 someguy111

someguy111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:40 AM

See that is the wierd thing is that i have never had this problem before on my pc...I can always change where the shared folder where my files get saved goes...but I am on my girlfriends pc now and even though it says in the prefrences for the program that my saves should go to ,say my D: drive, they are still going to the C: drive...
Is that strange? I have never had this issue before...any thoughts?
Thanks again.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

Don't know whats going on with that. Maybe try another program. I like Shareaza and WinMX.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

There are usually settings as to where data from a particular program is to be saved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users