Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dumb FTP question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 someguy111

someguy111

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

Hi there, not sure if this is where I should be asking this or not but...
I just wanted to know if you can use an FTP program to transfer files from one pc to another over the internet...like if I have a file and I want to transfer it to my friend in a different country can I use an FTP program to do this? I was trying to find info on this and I wasn't really able to find anything from one pc to another. All I found was for uploading to an ftp site and then down again...any help would be great...or if not maybe someone can point me in the right direction?T
Thank you very much.
SG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:08 AM

How big are these files? You could upload them if not too big(50mb per file) to this host.
http://rapidshare.de/
Then your friend can download it from the download link you give him. They will give you a download link and a delete link. Just keep both of them in a notepad doc. and then delete it once your friend has downloaded it.
Hope this helps!

#3 someguy111

someguy111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:44 AM

That is a good idea...it's just mp3's so it should be fine for that...but you don't know if you can just skip the middle man and go from my pc right to theirs?
Thanks again
SG-

#4 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:22 AM

that would be4 called peer to peer there are lots of programs that will bo that i think

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:26 AM

Many instant messenger programs allow file transfers. You can use MSN Messenger, ICQ or Yahoo to mention just a few.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users