Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Never thought I would...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aleeusc

aleeusc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

Well, here I am. I'm that naive guy that thinks that I can't get a virus on my computer. Well, I've got one. I used to use Norton for a year, and then I didn't want to pay whatever to "Stay Protected." It seems like those anti-virus programs just slow down your computer.

Anyways, I'm not a super knowledgeable guy about computers, I can use software, but I guess I'm here to get a little help. This is a great little community. People helping people is a beautiful thing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hey there aleeusc! Welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your viral woes, but I understand your reluctance to shell out hard earned cash for protection. Why not take a look at Bleeping Computer's list of Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps. The first category is free Antivirus programs. I prefer Avast! home Edition, which is free and on the list

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:08 AM

Sometimes putting up with a slight slowness is a happier life than finding a ton of malware preventing your using the computer at all. I am sure we can help clean up your hard drive, and AA has pointed you towards many different---and free!---security applications.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users