Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 6 problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mejim

mejim

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Desktop home computer
OS Win XP home edition
Browser IE6.x.xxx.x
update version SP3

I recently had a problem develope with my IE 6 (I think).

I first noticed it when I installed photoshop elements 7 and all the Adobe add ons that were suddenly on my computer. I thought I did the only sensible thing and uninstalled Abobe reader 5 to get rid of some clutter from Adobe. Mistake. This "photohopdotcominspirationbrowser" - ??? - a part of elements 7 - also seemed to slow me down big time.

Now, I notice that none of my .pdf applications would open so I go back to reinstall reader and I am offered "reader 9" and I install it. I am thinking at this point, I am back to where I was, only with a little better "reader 9" yea. Not so, I find out. So here is what is happening.

So I do my normal surfing routine. For example I check my yahoo.com. I realize my mail will not open and when it does, it is not arranged like it should be. Not only that, it is very clean of any thing like Java or flash items on the webpages.

I have several other webpages that don't look the same anymore - gmail for example. If it will load up at all, it loads up totally different from the norm. All the navigation links are not where they are suppose to be and not all of them are there.

I have a sports forum I visit and their web page is also rearranged on my computer. None of the flash is operating there either. The way I can open these web pages is by "refreshing" a couple of times and the correct layout will come up finally.

I am not even positively sure that IE is the source of the problem but does anyone have any ideas for me?

I greatly appreciate it.

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

Hi Jim,

Sometimes .... when the pages opening to familiar sites look different, it could be that you are not going to the normal sites, but are being redirected to some which look similar but not quite right. However, this generally occurs after clicking on a bad website or ad, but in your case, it seems more likely it is connected with some problems associated with Adobe, specifically photoshopdotcominspirationbrowser.

Have you tried going back to a restore point from the time when your computer was still working the way you wanted it?
If you've never done this before, Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
check the box to Restore my computer to an earlier time and click on Next. You'll see a calendar with highlighted dates. Choose one of the dates just preceeding these problems and allow your system to return to that date. See if the problem goes away.
If this doesn't work, go back into System Restore as per the above instructions, only this time choose the option to reverse the change you made.

See if that does anything.

Zllio

Edited by Zllio, 03 April 2009 - 02:31 PM.

#3 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

to me your problems could be because outdated computer.

Here are 4 things that might help you. it will close a wide verity of problems if not fix it.

1. Update ie6 to ie8 or Firefox (try firefox)
2. Update java to most current update.
3. make sure window is fully updated with atleat sp3.
4. Update your antivirus and do a normal scan.

im am thinking that your computer is out of date bucause of ie6 and adobe 5 (witch you updated adobe)

#4 mejim

mejim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that.

You know, I did do a restore and it did fix the problem. The next thing I was going to do was use photoshop elments 7, couldn't find it, it was gone! So rather than clutter up my harddrive again, I undid the restore; however things just returned to what it was and my problem was back.

#5 mejim

mejim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

to me your problems could be because outdated computer.

Here are 4 things that might help you. it will close a wide verity of problems if not fix it.

1. Update ie6 to ie8 or Firefox (try firefox)
2. Update java to most current update.
3. make sure window is fully updated with atleat sp3.
4. Update your antivirus and do a normal scan.

im am thinking that your computer is out of date bucause of ie6 and adobe 5 (witch you updated adobe)

It isn't that old. It bought it 3 years ago. It has Windows XP with sp 2 and 3 installed. I use IE 6 because I like it. I took IE 7 off because it was so screwy. My RAM is 512 and my processor is ..... I forget, a Giga bite or two.
Adobe reader 5 was standard issue 3 years ago.....at least that is my thinking.

It is funny you mention everything I've had a issue with today. My computer tells me I need "Java". My security panel says I need to update my anti-virus (it is updated tho).
I discovered that the ebay site is also screwed up on my computer - arranged all screwy too.

I will work on it somemore.

#6 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

Post alog in the Hijackthis forum and check for malware .
this very well be the culprit you may also want to visit this site http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/ and see what is not up to date and vulnerable running on your machine.
hope this helps

D_N_M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users