Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow broadband connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 enigma00

enigma00

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hello everyone

I've been having problems with my broadband speed for months now and the download speed keeps fluctuating from 116 kbs to 2mb, although it's mostly 116 kbps lately.

Speed Test Results
Date 03/04/09 15:48:01
Speed Down 126.44 Kbps ( 0.1 Mbps )
Speed Up 376.53 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )
Port 8095
Server speedtest1.thinkbroadband.com

I am currently running windows vista 32 home edition and im using a wireless router, which has an excellent signal. Also im on the 8 mb deal from my isp.

Yesterday though i downloaded microsoft Ultimate Windows Tweaker and i changed the bandwidth optimization option from manual to high bandwidth connection and after reseting my pc, i found my broadband speed had shot up to 2mb. I thought i managed to fix the problem but when i reset my pc again, the speed had dropped to 126 kbps again. Does anybody know why this happened?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 enigma00

enigma00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

Update:

Having turned off my router at the mains and waited 30 seconds, my broadband has returned to 2mb. Im still not sure if utility tweak made a difference initially but at least it's back to normal now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users