Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exception unknown software exception errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jillowolf

jillowolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

Having problems with my computer running Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3. Had a virus that attacked a different computer on our network and ran Malwarebytes, Spybot and Avast. All scans came up clean. If I leave the computer for awhile (several hours) my "All Programs" list goes away, the list of recently used applications is gone and if I try to do a Shutdown or Restart it comes back that "I am not authorized to do that". I am now also getting exception errors:
"exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x01006a25" and "explorer.exe application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d)". In an effort to try stop antivirus programs from conflicting with each other, I uninstalled malwarebytes and have avast running in resident and Spybot not in resident but demand only. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users