Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

not sure if this is the right place

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 authentic cowboy

authentic cowboy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

This is a long story, I was on the net 1st April and computer froze so I rebooted and could not get IE or Firefox to display an page, I then pinged Google and all was fine,did a network dianostic and found 12152 error which related to the Zonealarm, disabled this and used the windows firewall and all seemed fine, until I switched users to the wife's account and nothing worked.Start button would not work, right click on folders showed no drop down menu and no processes in task manager.
Ran all the malware and spyware programmes I could thik off and removed everything
Ran AVG, Avast no virus found.
Did a windows repair no joy still the same( from the disk)
So have now reinstalled windows but it still seems not to be working well
Whist doing this recieved a strange phone call from someone saying they were from M/S support and asking me to purchase a software warrenty as my XP was old and I had been experiencing trouble
I have never heard of theis before so contacted M/S and was told this was bogus
Now we get to my question Iam feeling very unsecure at the moment and have decided to wipe my hard drive completely and reistall windows again
will this now make sure there is nothing on the clean install and I don't have somebody snooping around my system
Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users