Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

assert failed/etc......

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carol80

carol80

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

Recently downloaded internet explorer 8
When I turn on the computer, this message pops up:
ASSERT FAILED\Projects\wt Kennel\SVC\Win32\CM\Core\CM Code Module.cpp:90m_Code Handle!=NULL
A second pop-up follows:
ddcmigrate.exe-Application Error
THe application failed to initialize properly (ox80000003). Click on OK tp terminate the application.

Never saw it before until I downloaded 8. Everything seems fine after I click OK. Can anyone tell me what it means and how to fix it?

Also, I've had an on-going problem with my computer not wanted to shut off on it's own.
That End Program Box keeps popping up when the computer is trying to shut down.
Have to keep clicking on the End Now Button. Last count, there is about 14 programs that I have had to shut down.
Have performed all maintence chores, defragmenting, deleting unnecessary files, hard drive free space, physically cleaned computer, anti-virus and firewall updated, have Anti-Malware, spyware. Have done everything short of reinstalling all the programs. would like to avoid that. Always the same programs that are not shuting down.
Thanks for reading thru all this, hope someone can help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

ddcmigrate.exe-Application Error- That is for Wild Tangent
This is an online gaming package that is installed by a number of third party applications and even OEMs, ISPs and AIM.

ASSERT FAILED\Projects\wt Kennel\SVC\Win32\CM\Core\CM Code Module.cpp:90m_Code Handle!=NULL
Could possibly be a flash code module for a game or Wild Tangent

I think I would start by uninstalling IE 8 and see if that clears it up. Then try reinstalling IE8
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users