Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kingolame

Kingolame

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

All was good for my computer till recently, and the computer will sometimes, restart around 1 minute after startup. After it restarts, it will hang after the next startup.Then i'll have to turn off the main switch and rerun my computer. Most likely it will start to have a beeping sound and refuse to start up, with a blank screen, but will start working after another 1 or 2 tries. It will display a message saying that the computer has encountered a serious problem and ask if i want to send a error report when the computer starts to work again. I'v used this computer for around 2 to 3 years. What could the problem with my computer? I'v also just cleared my computer of malware on this forum. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks.

Edited by Kingolame, 03 April 2009 - 09:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

This type of rebooting behaviour can be caused by your computer overheating. You can check your system temperatures with SpeedFan, which should give you an indication of whether your system is running too hot.

Also, I would recommend that you open your computer case and make sure all the fans are spinning okay and that there isn't an excessive amount of dust in there that would impede air flow. See the following Bleeping Computer tutorial for guidance on cleaning inside your computer.

Cleaning the Interior of your PC
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users