Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation package could not be opened...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ahsan Hameed

Ahsan Hameed

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:39 AM

Hello,
I am having a problem with a game called The Movies. I have the setup zipped on my pc, i played this game many times on vista and xp and it runs smoothly, but now i have formatted my harddisk and installed winvista on it and now when i try to run the setup of the game it comes with an error that:
"The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendorto verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."
Please help me how to overcome this thing and install my game again.

Regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:10 AM

Do you have the CD for the game?

Edited by scff249, 04 April 2009 - 02:10 AM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 Ahsan Hameed

Ahsan Hameed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

no i just downloaded it from a torrent site, its an iso file,
i have mount it with deamon tools, still not working...

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

i just downloaded it from a torrent site

From our forum rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Topic closed
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users