Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding mp3 file to website?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 computergeek522

computergeek522

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:09 PM

Hi! I'm building a website and there's a question that's been driving me crazy....

On the main page of my site, I'd like to have it so that when the page loads, an mp3 starts to play (specifically, "Do It Again" by the Kinks). And then I'd like to have a button on the bottom so that my visitors can turn the music off if they like. The only problem is, I have no idea how to do it!

If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful! :thumbsup:

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

This should help on the background music but not sure on the controls:

http://www.webdiner.com/webadv/inter/audio.htm

#3 winston4

winston4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:57 PM

Here is a site with some good information on that and how to make a player visable.

http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/chap13.shtml

#4 shaheed

shaheed

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:16 AM

I was wondering is it possible to add more mp3s to the media player. What i would like to do is when someone visits my website it plays a random mp3 from a list. however i have tried many different scripts, flash i am missing something and have been unable to do it. I am back to media player. I was wondering is it possible for someone to come to my website and be able to listen to a playlist while browsing the picture gallery. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help.

#5 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

I dont think it would be too hard to do in Flash. Create a new scene for each song. The first line of code would be a stop all sound command. Then start the song you want to play. The stop button would be a stop all sound on click. As for next and previous buttons, link them to the next and previous scene. Have the last scene link to the first, so it would be a continuous loop. If you want, you could have a drop down menu that jumps to the selected scene. You could also have the script jump to a random song when the page first loads.

Edited by TVT, 29 November 2007 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image

#6 TVT

TVT

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

Here's something that might be helpful. Its a prebuilt Flash music player. You need some knowledge of SQL and PHP to have the entire thing on your server. If you dont, you can get the mp3s piped through flamplayer.com. The details are all in the documentation.

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/FLAMPlayerMac/
Posted Image

#7 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

Have a look at the player I have on my website. If this is what you want to do you can get it here.
http://www.mysplayer.com/
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users