Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search and Destroy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mastermaniac117

Mastermaniac117

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

Hey, everyone. I've got a quick question. Something keeps initializing an executable called "netsh" on every startup. Ever since this started about a week or two ago, my computer's been having trouble cranking out frames during gameplay. Initially, I thought the issue was isolated to Oblivion, but even the least demanding of games, like the Doomsday Doom 64 total conversion have been taking some serious hits.

Well, anyway, that's not what I'm here for, exactly. I'd just like to know if there's any way to find out what's giving the order for something to run. It'd be nice to track netsh.exe back to its source, find out what's causing it to run. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

This is what it is but I don't know if that answers your question. It probably leads to other questions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242468

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users