Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help to close session on DVD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:03 AM

Hi all, ive got some dvd's someone from work lent me but i cant open them on my computer, Ive figured out the problem is that he didn't close the session after he burnt them.
Just wondering if it is possible to close the session on my computer, when i try open the disk i get a error so i cant get into the DVD its self.

Im running XP pro SP3

I took 1 of the disks to a friends place ( hes on vista ) & he could open the dvd & close the session by going into the right click menu, that DVD now works on my computer just wanting to not have to take all the disks ( about 50 ) round there & do it to each of them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

Hello!

If you have a video editing application, such as Final Cut Pro, Pinnacle, or Avid--then you may be able to open them and finalize them.

I have worked in Final Cut Pro and Pinnacle, and have had success finalizing DVDs, even after they are ejected, then replaced in to the computer.

Hope it works out for you! :thumbsup:

edit: your friend's computer may have encrypted the DVD until it gets finalized.

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 03 April 2009 - 12:30 AM.

#3 cooldudenz

cooldudenz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for the reply, I unfortunately dont have any of those programs.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

Well...why not just give them back and have the owner close them?

That's a much better alternative than your possibly screwing up someone else's property, as you try to find "a solution."

I don't believe this is a time-critical situation that precludes such...

Louis

#5 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

your friend's computer may have encrypted the DVD until it gets finalized.

Look's like your friend's computer is the best answer.

Thanks for the comment, Louis.

#6 cooldudenz

cooldudenz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

Yea ill just have to do that, its just it will take him ages to do & i would of liked this stuff sooner rather than later lol, Cheers 4 the help.

#7 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:08 AM

Then ask the guy who gave them to you if he wants you to try to do it your computer. That way if you try it on one and it messes it up, he cannot blame you. If you try one, you will know if it going to mess them up or not and if it messes it up, you will know not to do the others and if it works, your set.

If you have a rewrite drive on your computer then you probably have some software for it to do the burning and that software might be all you need to close them with. If you don't and your friend who did the one doesn't mind doing the others, or letting you do them on his computer, do that. Obviously using his system to do it isn't messing them up so if it isn't a big deal to that person to let you do it, do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users