Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 user32

user32

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee.

What operating system are you using?

If it is XP or XP Pro, go to system restore and pick a restore date from before you began experiencing this problem.

#3 user32

user32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

it started when it only closed windows on connection to the net, im using xp pro, i think its too long ago to restore it, any other idea?????

#4 Mr Binante

Mr Binante

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

You could try downloading the latest version of Windows Media Player, as well as any programs that might be used to open the files. (eg: Quicktime, RealPlayer etc...)

Just a suggestion, hope it helps.

#5 user32

user32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

no that dint work, thanks allot 4 the help though, any other suggestions???

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

Use Windows Explorer (not IE) to access a wav or MP3 you have in any file, right click on it, choose "open with" and then choose one of the media players.

What happens?

Edited by Enthusiast, 16 June 2005 - 06:32 PM.

#7 user32

user32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:43 PM

it just closes the media player, im going to wipe my computer of windows and re-install it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users