Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

At System Start, "Hardware" Asking to Install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

This has nothing to do with a virus, as the title of this topic might imply. What it does have to do with, however, is the software that is required for me to use my IVT BlueSoleil Bluetooth USB dongle. The software installs (without options) a number of drivers for different devices and connections (dial-up, serial port, file transfer, printer, etc.). However, the only driver I use is file transfer to my phone. All of the other features included I do not need and do not want. However, since the install was too "straightforward" and without additional options of what I want and don't want installed, I am left with an "all or nothing" sort of deal with it.
This whole thing wouldn't be too much of a problem except for the "Install Hardware Wizard" pop-ups I get on computer start. These occur (I presume) from the different drivers the software has installed on my computer. I have tried to set them up (even though nothing exists for them) to no avail. When I login, I get three sequential pop-ups (one after the other, but only once the one before it closes) "welcoming" me to the set-up wizard. As I have stated, there is no hardware, thus no reason for these to continue. I always click cancel, and once the three pop-ups have been killed, the hardware icon in the system tray pops up a balloon tip informing me that the new hardware was detected, but that there was a problem in installing it. This really is nothing more than a nuisance, but it is troublesome to deal with every time I start up my computer. I am not 100% if it prevents the computer from starting completely, as I have not waited long enough to see.
I was wondering if there is any way to either "uninstall" the drivers which are causing the problem, or simply to disable Windows from looking for hardware associated with those drivers. I do not want to uninstall this software, as I use it often enough that the hassle of reinstalling is cumbersome. Plus, BlueSoleil does not make it easy to install, and this is part of the reason why I hesitate to uninstall/reinstall. I simply want to prevent these "Hardware Installation Wizard" pop-ups for three of the drivers to stop their behavior. I have not directly checked with which driver they are associated, but if this is needed for disabling individual drivers, I will do so. Until then, I shall wait.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

Hi HamSandwich,

One possibility that might be the fastest would be to contact the company. See if this gives you a form: http://www.bluesoleil.com/support/index.as...amp;category=53

If not, go to http://www.bluesoleil.com/support/index.asp?topic=bs_request and choose what comes closest to your problem from the list About Technical Support Question. To get the above form, I chose "Can not complete the installation", because in essence, that's what's happening. It's trying over and over again to complete its task, without knowing when to quit.

There may be someone with a better idea who will pop up here.

Zllio

#3 HamSandwich

HamSandwich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for replying. I will make sure to send a request when I get home. Hopefully, they are prompt in their service, unlike other major companies. I will post a follow-up when I receive one!

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions that can be performed locally, I would appreciate it. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users