Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I have spyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TooieQ

TooieQ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

I am new to this forum and I just want to let you all know whats going on. I got a computer from my ex and I am afraid he might have put some spyware or other things on my comp. I dont know a lot about the internals of a computer so whoever answers please give me detailed steps to follow if needed. :thumbup2: :) :step4: :step1:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TooieQ

TooieQ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

Help!

#3 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,646 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

hi,

sorry for delay no shortage of posters. We will get a download to use as a check for malware:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click **Remove Selected.**

**A restart of your computer most likely will be required to remove some items.**

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users