Hello and welcome. I think we'll need to run several tools to fix this,and they are alll free.
Please download MsnCleaner.zip
and save to your Desktop. (in addition to removing infected files, it will remove certain restrictions on your system often disabled by malware.)
Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop. (click here
if you're not sure how to do this) but DO NOT use it yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
key. To do this restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A boot menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
to run the tool.
Click the "Analyze
A report will be created after the scan and will be saved to C:\MsnCleaner.txt.
If it finds an infection, click the "Deleted
Reboot normally and post the contents of MsnCleaner.txt
in your next reply.
Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe
by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.