Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cleaning in 98

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:38 PM

hi bc,
need someone to walk me trough the inst of HJT. i read the tutorial, but i have a problem installing through D/

i gave a neighbor an Optiplex Gl575 (old Boeing computer), win 98, AVG free, Spybot S&D 1.3, AD-Aware SE Personel. he's on dial up. cd rom only, and disket. it's only got 1.6 gigs left on hard drive. ram is small (very). so slooooow.

i dont know how to nav in 98.

i cant seem to figure out how to get HJT on his pc. let alone how to nav to temp folders.

im on dsl xp sp2, cd rw, no disket.

i dl'd HJT to cd and fed it into the Optiplex. doesnt seem to have a wizard. so i go to start>computer>D and click on HJT(zipped). it keeps commimg up with an "accessabilty error" non specific (doesnt say). it has a program to open zipped filles. i saw it on c/ when i was doing something else. it was on rt click on mouse. but when in d/ rt clicking on HJT its not there.

any help from you bc people would be greatly appriciated.

ty igo

ps, the Optiplex is heavily laydened with dialers, worms, and trojons. ive done bc's suggested programs and just need to post an HJT log.

Edited by igonuts2, 15 June 2005 - 02:44 PM.

Why work when you can play!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

Download this version of Hijackthis as it contains an installer that should make it easier for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hijackthis_sfx.php

By default it will extract to c:\program files\hijackthis and then you can click on start, then run, and type c:\program files\hijackthis\hijackthis.exe and press ok to run the program

#3 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:01 PM

ty sir,

i'll give it a try.

igo

#4 igonuts2

igonuts2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:11 PM

hi grinler,

sorry 'bout taking so long to get back.

the version within your link worked. mission accomplished.

ty sir,
igo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users