Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

agfa snapscan 1212 and windows XP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marsdidit

marsdidit

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to install my scanner with windows XP. I know I have to install drivers to do so. Could you give me clear instrustions step by step on how to do it.
I have found some info on line but it is not clear for a novice like myself. Please help

Thanks,

Marsdidit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Which model do you have...parallel port connection or USB port connection?

http://static.agfa.com/digicam_scanner_drivers/

I see that the 1212P model is not supported for XP, that's the parallel port connecting model.

Most scanners have instructions on the sequence for installing. Generally, it's been my experience that USB connecting devices may want the drivers installed before the device is powered/connected.

In any case...you should be able to find instructions for your model at the Agfa website.

Louis

#3 marsdidit

marsdidit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Hi,

I have snapscan 1212u USB version and Window XP. I downloaded 2.0.0.9 - 1212u .exe from the recommended website but still getting same message that tell me to connect the scaner when everything is plugged in. What am I not doing right?
I need help with this.

thanks,

Marsdidit

Edited by marsdidit, 02 April 2009 - 08:40 PM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

Installation and users guide:
http://static.agfa.com/digicam_scanner_dri...01-10-29_en.pdf
direct link to pdf file

Edited by garmanma, 03 April 2009 - 11:09 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 marsdidit

marsdidit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

Thanks everyone, but I figure it out by myself!

for anyone else who is having this issue, here's the solution:

Please connect or switch on your scanner" appairs when I start ScanWise
connect the scanner with the PC and switch the scanner on.

Start/ Control Panel/ System/ Hardware tab/ Device Manager/ Look for the scanner in imaging devices (scanners/ cameras). If you can see an exclamation mark next to the scanner, this means that the scanner is not installed well.
Click righ mouse button on the scanner, select uninstall to remove the drivers.
Uninstall ScanWise (Start/ Control Panel/ Software)
disconnect scanner
install ScanWise software again (last Agfa software/drivers: http://www.agfa.com/digicam_scanner_drivers/)
connect and switch on scanner
on Windows XP you can have the warning that this software doesn't have the "digital signature" (Windows Logo test) that XP needs to work properly. You have the choice to continue or stop the installation. Click on the "Continue Anyway" button, the installation will not harm or destabilize your system.

Thanks,

Marsdidit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users