Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to record rtmp:// flash video .flv stream from embedded Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hi,

My friend recently asked me to help her download some music video flv files from the website MTVIggy. I normally use Orbit Downloader for saving flv's I like from youtube but it doesn't seem to work on this site. I've tried a program called Replay Media Catcher but ut also doesn't work. Does anyone know of a program/tool that is actually capable of downloading the flv files from MTVIggy?

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Ice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

As the site is owned by Viacom/MTV, my guess is that it is DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected and videos can't be downloaded. I normally use Real Player when I need to download embedded videos but I don't think it will work and I'm not aware of a free product that will download DRM protected videos.

#3 Bazcaz

Bazcaz

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Go Here: http://www.streamtransport.com/ and download, I know it works at the site MTViggy because went there and tried it, and downloaded two Video music files.....let me know how you went?

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:26 AM

Before downloading videos from YouTube became easy, I used to copy the files from my Temporary Internet Files Folder,
before I shut the site down from Internet Explorer. They weren't always there, but if they had downloaded, they could be found with the name 'videoplayback?params.etc' and just described as 'file'.

Copy, rename to something.flv and it plays. Convert how you wish, with Any Video Converter (freeware) or similar.
May be some other extension required, e.g. mp4.

Otherwise I use Camstudio, (freeware) to record the video playing on the screen.

Just noticed, this is a really old topic. :lol:

Edited by petewills , 25 July 2011 - 05:23 AM.

#5 rentin

rentin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

If the software which is able to download YouTube videos doesn't work for this website, therefore the method you suggest will absolutely become useless. Because even for YouTube videos, this method is not always works, especially for windows 7 users.
I also want to provide a video downloader, I found it after I had been looking for tool to download Hulu episodes for hours. It really works to record rtmp stream (protected videos). Actually, more functions than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users