Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Bookmarks Query?.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

Can anyone recommend a good bookmarks organizer which works with Firefox. In my previous install I had imported my bookmarks folder from the older version of Firefox which enabled me to organize my bookmarks in designated specific folders as in the previous version. However this one v3.0.8 just allows a single long list. I have looked at some of the entries on Bookmarks add-ons but thought I should ask here first. Being older I prefer something simple like the old Firefox version.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

You can put little categories in the list, so that when the mouse is over the category the bookmarks in that category appear off to the side. Just like mousing over "All programs" in the start menu.

Right click anywhere in the bookmarks toolbar drop-down list. Then click New Folder. Name it something like School or such. Then just drag and drop bookmarks into the folder. Just mouse over the folder to see any bookmarks inside.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

Thanks a lot xblindx. That sounds like a solution to me.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:27 AM

No problem :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users