Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PS3 keeps kicking me off.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 golfhard71

golfhard71

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

I have a linksys wireless router, and two computers hardwired to it. But, every time my PS3 (wireless) connects it kicks us off temporarily. Someone told me I might have to assign ports.!? Is that correct, and how?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

If you have XP or Vista & have installed the software that came with your Linsys router uninstall ALL of it from any computer it's on.
[The Linksys software causes a conflict with the Windows Wireless connection.]

Open Internet Explorer
Type in 192.168.1.1 & click the go button.

If you haven't already set a password for the router the default name should be administrator & the default password should be admin

If you haven't changed them in the router settings at least password
When it opens click on Wireless
Set the Wireless Network Mode to Mixed

If you haven't already set the Wireless Security click on it
The easy way,

Set the Security Mode to WPA Personal
WPA Alogorithms TKIP
WPA Sharwd Key [If one isn't shown create a key using a single number,4 letters,single number,4 letters,2 numbers,4 letters, EXAMPLE: 4only7iget23mine
Be sure to write the number down . you WILL need it to get your wireless to connect.

Without security set anybody can connect using your wireless.
Without security a person could log in to your router, set a WAP key, set a administrator password & preveny you from using your own router !
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 golfhard71

golfhard71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

Thank you, I'll do it and let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users