Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbe intro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bela

Bela

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Hello Bleeping Members,

I discovered this site while searching on Wikipedia for unknown filenames in my STARTUP folder on my desktop running XP PRO.

I am a retired system engineer for the past 10 years, having spent 40 years in the computer industry, became a PC hobbyist when my employer at the time introduced the IBM PC.

My primary hobbies are soaring (flying gliders). skiing and trying to keep up with the world of the PCs.

I own a desktop I put together using an NFORCE 570 SLIT-A mobo running XP-PRO and an HP Pavillion, HDX 20" notebook monster crawling Vista Ultimate, frequently making me to consider throwing it away.

I hope to contribute once in awhile on this site, besides just looking for help.

Bela

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

Given the world of computing and the internet is in a constant state of change, it's surprising anyone can find time to do anything besides keeping up with it. Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 lizadams58

lizadams58

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

:flowers: :thumbsup: Hello all. im new to this site. I hope it will help me with some problems I am having. and maybe I can help other people too. Or maybe just talk and vent out lives to each other. Yesterday , was a crazy 4-1-09 day for myself and my husband. He had back surgery in Jan. 09, trying t get retirement from P. O and Disability from the US. Then 4-1-09, we get the call from his mothers nursing home in Ill., We live in Alabama, that she is being placed in Hospice care. Then a virus hit my computer hard. This has not been a good year. So how is everyone eles live. Mine is just great compared tosome. My name is Libby

#4 CathyKat

CathyKat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

my name is Cathy some call me Kat part my aol screen name i am stay at home mom married with my hubby and kids with his mom , i am new to this site came across it searching how to get rid voice pop ups say congratualtion you have won , or hear ninentdo wii ones i hear i dont see them ty for letting me join the site have great day !!!CathyKat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users