Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office home and Student 2007 issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 miss piggy

miss piggy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

We had office 2000 on our computers and installed Office and Student 2007. Now my Outlook will only spell check in French and it won't give me the option to choose another lanuage. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it.
We did not uninstall 2000 before installing 2007.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hello miss piggy,

If you mean Outlook Express rather than Outlook (two different e-mail client programs), then this unfortunate behavior is "by design".

"You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system":

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

See also:

"Oe Can Only Use French Dictionary For Spellcheck From Office 2007, Best way to fix this?":

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=696765

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

Is it Oulook or Outlook Express? The 2 are very different programs and we need to clarify which one you use.
This question has been asked several times in the past, and research shows it only affects Outlook Express. We've helped people who say they have issues with Outlook when they are actually using Outlook Express.
If you are using Outlook Express:

The issue you describe crops up in Outlook Express after installing Office 2007.
Since Outlook Express does not have a spell checker, it relies on spell check installed by MS Office
Programs. If you had a previous version of Office and upgraded, the new 2007 files are incompatible with
Outlook Express. Microsoft is aware of the issue but has no plans to correct it.

If you want to use spell check with Outlook Ecpress, you will have to
1) uninstall Office 2007 and go back to a previous version
OR
2) install a third-party spell check for use with Outlook Express. This is the better option, especially if you purchased Office 2007. You don't want to uninstall it and end up wasting your money after paying for it.

Microsoft article about the issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

Also read this
Outlook Express Spell Check is French after Office 2007 install

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users