Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing games in Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Soxwatcher

Soxwatcher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:54 AM

Hello all. I have what may or may not be an easy problem. I have a new computer with is runnning Vista Home Premium 64b. I have installed America's Army, an FPS game. I want to allow my Son, who has a standard account, to play but every time he tries he's informed that PC is blocking him.

I have the parental controls set to allow games in general and specifically to always allow America's Army. I've set the allowed rating to be up to and including mature. Still I cannot run the game except on my Admin account. Not even a prompt to enter my password is given, which really wouldn't help as I don't want to have to do that every time anyway.

All I want is for my son to be able to play on his own account without my help. What can I do?

TIA
SoxWatcher

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

I don't use it myself, but we do have a tutorial about it:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-parental-controls/
See if that helps at all
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Soxwatcher

Soxwatcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Thank you. I read the game section of that tutorial and it seems that I did everything there. Still no games.

Sox

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:51 AM

Does the PC throw up user account control or is it one saying that parental controls are blocking him? Another alternative is switching him to an administrator account, but I don't know if you're comfortable with doing that.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users