Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jl101775

jl101775

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:47 AM

I reformatted my moms computer and reinstalled windows xp service pack 1. There is not much in the computer as far as programs since I just reformatted, but what is in there works fine. I downloaded all drivers but when I try to get on the internet, it is real slow. It has 1 GB of ram which was just put in also. The internet was the same way when it was only 512 MB of ram so I don't think that is the problem. It is IE 6, but the problem is I can't get to the windows update page to update the service pack or the version of IE. MSN homepage opens but takes about 30 seconds, windows update just hangs and never opens. The computer is connected to a router with other computers running the internet and they are working just fine. Are there some settings that I may need to change in order to get the internet working correctly?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jl101775

jl101775
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

i brought the computer to my house and hooked it up to my router and its still slow. thought maybe that might be the problem but its not. any help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users