Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Home re-install - key authorised too many times?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tjgoldstein

tjgoldstein

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:06 AM

Hi all,

Have just done a complete re-install of my Windows XP Home, an authentic edition, and have tried to register the product but unfortunately, it says my key has been authorised too many times?

This will be the third time only that I have re-installed this copy on my computer and no-one else has ever used the disc so I am a bit confused as to what is happening with it all?

How would I bypass this as I shouldn't have to fork out more money for another disc?

Any help that could be sent my way will be vastly appreciated. :thumbsup:

thank you.

tj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:21 AM

Simply ring Microsoft. Microsoft only allows your key to be activated 3 times online. If you wish to activate your Windows XP installation contact Microsoft and they will run through the process with you and get it activated.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 tjgoldstein

tjgoldstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:50 AM

Ahhh, thank you!

I thought I might have to do so but was very hesitant as I find Microsoft to be as confusing as hell... lol.

Will give them a call and then I'll post an update :thumbsup:

Thank you once again.

#4 tjgoldstein

tjgoldstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:59 AM

omg!

So fast! So easy! So wonderful!

Well, I just gave them a call and got it all activated without a problem.

thanks for the help :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users