Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

website account problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ckfe

ckfe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

hi everyone

for the past two days i haven't been able to log into any websites that require me to have an account with them.. ie, online banking, electricity suppliers and now i can't log onto msn or get my msn email either

any clues???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

In IE, under tools, then internet options. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down till you see security. Are the ssl checkboxes checked?

#3 ckfe

ckfe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:19 AM

yes they're checked, not sure what's happening but also now any website that requres a "pop up" won't work either even though i've turned my pop up blocker off.. i've run spybot and cleared all the gremlins but nothing is working

#4 marinewife

marinewife

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:33 AM

Hello,
I'm having the same problem and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I'm unable to access any secure website. I thought that it was the spy-agent.d and startpage trojans but I can't get rid of them. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem??

#5 ckfe

ckfe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:40 AM

what spy-agent.d and startpage trojans?? gotta admit it's a relief that i'm not the only one with the problem

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

Have either of you deleted any cookies recently? Many sites store such information in the form of cookies.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

Not sure if this will help or not but it deals with problems signing into secure websites and MSN.

See How to troubleshoot situations where you cannot complete MSN sign-up or connect to SSL secured (128-Bit) Web sites by using Internet Explorer in Windows XP.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

Have either of you have posted a hijackthis log yet? If Leurgy's suggestion doesnt help, you may want to post one in the Hijackthis forum to see if there is any malware causing this problem.

Especially you marinewife, because you state you have an infection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users