Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash pin wiped by wireless network wizard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 favorito

favorito

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:22 AM

I was trying to set up a wireless network. The wizard said to use the flash drive to do this. I didn't realise it would wipe all the data from my pin! Not only that but the pin didn't come with software on a cd, it was incorporated on the pin. And that's gone too! Now it says not formatted, do I want to format it!

Is there anything I can do??

Please, can someone help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

What is the brand name of the flash drive?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 favorito

favorito
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

I have no idea! It is slimline, blue, no name on it, looks like CE FC or PC on the back above made in korea (!) - it cost me 50 - it is blue, slimline, with a hole at the bottom for carrying it on a chain or keyring. Not much help I know! Sorry. :thumbsup:

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:27 AM

Guess you'll have to format it and see if it will hold data. If its been wiped already you have nothing to lose. Do that and try to save something to it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users