Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD / DVD Drive(s) Can't be found.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigBleeper

BigBleeper

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

I tweaked my startup options referencing descriptions, and going a step further, using autoruns.exe. I know, I know, I really thought I had this thing tuned well. Sooo . . . in "My Computer" the (2) drives do not display. Inserting a disc does nothing. In the "Computer Management" drop down I find yellow circle exclamations over the drive icons. The "Device status" states:
A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
I have tried to uninstall / reinstall with out success. Looking further I have found reference to dependencies on Logical disc Mgr. , Plug and Play, and RPC. My fear is that I MAY have deleted an "RPC" if found, based on the description in the start up list entry.
Your thoughts PLEASE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Run System Restore To An Earlier Date

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

~StickDude101

#3 BigBleeper

BigBleeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:39 AM

Thank you for the direction, But . . .
I made about 6 attempts from recent, to one month ago, progressively further back. Each time I received this notice:
RESTORATION INCOMPLETE - Your Computer Could Not Be Restored To XX Mar. 09
No changes have been made to your computer

And my drives remain inoperative. Any and all other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BigBleeper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users