Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Learning VB .NET

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bv202

Bv202

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hi,

I'm interested to take some time this summer to learn both Java and Visual Basic .NET. Well, I've got enough Java tutorials, but don't have a clue where to find GOOD basic VB .NET tutorials. I know some little basics of VB6 from school (yeah, we get VB6 on school :thumbsup: ), but this seems to be a lot difference.

Can anyone link me some good basic VB .NET tutorials which an absolute beginner of .NET should be able to understand? Oh, and yes, I've used Google, but I'm sure someone here can tell me which tutorials are the best to start with (there are so many...). This seems a good one, but I'm not sure about it.

Thank you very much,
Bv202

Edited by Bv202, 01 April 2009 - 02:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

Did you check out the sticky at the top of the forum?

#3 Bv202

Bv202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

I didn't. Thank you, I know what you mean... I'll just try a few ones and decides which is the best :thumbsup:

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

Sorry for reincarnating a dead topic but I used this set of tutorials to start me off and I found them pretty good. The are introductory, so they mainly show how to the general syntax stuff works. Nevertheless, they're a good starting point:
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/NET/vbNET.html

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#5 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:11 PM

I've gotten a lot of good tips from Dan Mabbut at About.com. Give this a look if you want . . .
It might help
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users