Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera Launches Facial Gesture Capability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

Eight years ago, Mouse Gestures was introduced as a way to speed up your interaction with the browser, and focus on what's important: Content. In 2005, Voice Navigation was introduced, and more recently we've worked with Nintendo to create a browser that takes full advantage of the "Wiimote" and later, the touchscreen in the DSi.

Looking ahead, we recognize the future importance of touch interfaces, but we believe that there is another input device that is already present in most new computers and it's ready to enable a whole new way of user-interaction: The Webcam.

http://my.opera.com/community/blog/face-the-future

I tried this feature and it works amazing! Even with my digital camera attached through the computer!

Edited by yano, 01 April 2009 - 12:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

Whoa!

I won't have to keep one hand on the mouse any more!

:thumbsup:

We've needed this for a long time.

Wonder why they waited until today to introduce it?

:flowers:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

They still have bugs with it JohnWho. Read the known issues for more info.

:thumbsup:
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users