Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No boot screen on tv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tettra

tettra

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

Hey guys, got a small problem.

after my monitor burned out i hooked my pc up to my flat screen dlp jvc model tv. anyways, no problems really but it only displays picture when the emachine splash screen pops up and after that. I have a ati Radeon Saphire edition 1650 graphics card, i dunno the actual name of the connection but it connects to a basic video in input on my tv. I just installed new drivers to see if it would fix it, but no luck.

using Win XP if that helps.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

was planning on getting Linux but if i cant get a boot screen to show, kinda a waste of time til i get a new monitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

You mean...that you formerly saw a detailed boot screen...and now you don't?

Do you have "quick boot" enabled in the BIOS?

Have you tried to enter the BIOS?

Louis

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

On many cards the actual video out (not the VGA or DVI) won't show a "boot screen". The VGA and DVI will usually show the BIOS/Boot screen. The video out/SVideo out don't initialize during the early part of the boot process in a lot of cards.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 tettra

tettra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

On many cards the actual video out (not the VGA or DVI) won't show a "boot screen". The VGA and DVI will usually show the BIOS/Boot screen. The video out/SVideo out don't initialize during the early part of the boot process in a lot of cards.

exactly my problem, is there anyway to fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users