Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft website

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 elson

elson

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:27 AM

my pc cannot browse www.microsoft.com and also cannot run windows update , but can browse other website. anyone can guide me what should i do? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

Error messages?

Louis

#3 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

That's one of the signs that Conficker has been activated. Can you get to security sites like Symantec, etc., or are they blocked too?

#4 ohmalpha

ohmalpha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

I was experiencing the same issue couldn't connect to Microsoft with two different computers. Now they both connect. Microsoft may have been down for a while or at least parts of it...

Mike

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

I was experiencing the same issue couldn't connect to Microsoft with two different computers. Now they both connect. Microsoft may have been down for a while or at least parts of it...

Inability to connect with Microsoft is absolutely a sign that the system is infected withe Conficker. Microsoft has a bout a bazillion redundant servers.... do you really think they were down? :thumbsup: More likely that your IP was hiccuping. In the interest fo safety, there are tools that will check your system for the worm. Wouldn't hurt to check, would it.

#6 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

They've probably been unusually busy today with everybody fretting about the virus, seeing if they can still connect to update and security sites. Kinda dumb really, because it'll take weeks of polling by the virus to hook up with all the worm infected machines.

Edited by RknRusty, 01 April 2009 - 03:19 PM.

#7 ohmalpha

ohmalpha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Did a complete check for Conficker Virus and no such animal. I tried connecting to Microsoft websites on two different systems and got the same result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users