Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to log-in to certain websites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blithering1diot

blithering1diot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:35 AM

Hello all,

Recently, I've been unable to log-in to certain websites (youtube, facebook, imdb, topix, etc...). However, I CAN log-in to sites such as myspace, gmail and yahoo.

When attempting to sign in, at the log-in screen I enter my information and it automatically re-routes me either back to the homepage or the log-in page. I have even gone so far as choosing the 'forgotten password/username' option, receiving their reply email, changing my password and/or username and trying again only to get the same result. I've tried the problem sites 'help' feature, but they obviously havent 'helped'..

My cookies are enabled, I have deleted my complete browsing history and ran PC scans numerous times but nothing works. What gives? I should also mention that I AM able to log-in to the problem sites from other computers, just not mine.

I don't mean to seem redundant as I have read similar posts on this site as well as others, but they don't seem to apply as others are unable to log in to any website and I only have the problem with a certain few.

Any suggestions, tips or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Blithering1diot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_MissyDog_*

Guest_MissyDog_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

I don't mean to be the general help giver and not really answer your question but I've seen this happen before (to me) and it was mostly just something to do with the sites. i.e. facebook and youtube updates, etc. (and IMDB is usually a slow/laggy site to begin with, so I rarely visit it)

For me...and again I don't mean to not really answer your questions...I found that just a little bit of time was what fixed the problem for me, giving the respective websites time to fix little bugs in their updates, or iron out all the kinks of a recent patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users