Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't install msn messenger

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 torpedo

torpedo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 21 August 2004 - 01:10 AM

When I try installing msn messenger v6.2 it says "invalid drive: h:\". Can an experienced member please help.

Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 08:30 AM

where is the original msn messenger installed?

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:19 AM

I just have a question what is drive h:? Mine is drive c but I know you can have other letters.........Maybe its trying to send to a cd or dvd or even a floppy drive.............maybe?

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:24 AM

cgm it could be a partition

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:45 AM

Thanks brunt just wasnt sure..........

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:23 PM

My Messenger has given me a lot of probs. So I thought Id let you know. It would just hang on (signing out) And wouldnt come back till I rebooted. Sometimes it wouldn't let me sign in I would have to give it several tries!!! I have gotten errors upon trying to sign in. And it tries to get me to upgrade when I already had. Which Ive done twice just so I could get in. I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. None of these things have happened in a while (knock on wood) These all could of been probs. w/ Msn Messenger itself. Who knows?
Posted Image

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:59 PM

Hum what type of errors like cant sighn in your offline? If you view pages while offline then you get that error. Belive it or not it relies on your browser to tell if your online! Along with your incredimail if you got it it also sometimes relies on your browser! Kinda funny........

#8 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

and this is whjy I use trillian ;-)

http://www.trillian.cc/

#9 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:14 PM

Do not remember the error. And can I add I hate Incredimail. It did not work right half the time. Nothing but trouble! It took me forever to get rid of all traces.

Edited by scarlett, 21 August 2004 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:48 PM

Ahhh dont say that now incredimail is great! SO cool just takes a pc that can run it........And they have some new features and updates for it to make it work better! I love it...........ok well then outlook old and boring outlook......lol

#11 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:14 PM

Well if you like it that is fine. I had gotten download happy w/ it! Also the images take up a lot of bandwidth. "spec the stationary. Hotmail and Yahoo would not receive them correctly eiether. I had so much trouble sending a mess. And if you are not careful you can have all your mess. in Inbox's doubled. Cheese Whiz!!!!
Posted Image

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:44 PM

O well not everybody likes the same stuff. Its ok. I know its take practice to use. I also use yahoo.......free email......so I can go both ways...

#13 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

Try saving it to your desktop, then installing it in the correct drive from there.
Cheers,
John

On Incredimail. Most of the time, people who have it overuse it and you get a message with 30 percent word content and tons of blaring faces. And it does take a lot of extra bandwidth and in-box space that a clear and distinct use of English words does not.
These annoying faces do not even show up if you read all messages in plain text, as many security-minded people do.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:35 PM

Yes the backgrounds do make it slow.......and smileys but there cool.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users