Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer with Registry Error and Slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aktony

aktony

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

Okay...In December of 2008 I bought an eMachines laptop (I know off brand) but it was on Black Friday for $395. Anywho, I bout an external hard drive for more space from Overstock.com. When I plugged the external hard drive into my computer and this Memeo backup thing would pop up and so eventually I uninstalled it and my computer started acting crazy, it (computer) began to run slow and when i ran Norton it did not...So I download Spybot and it did nothing and then i read on the internet about these registry problems that may surface so I downloaded and bought StopZilla (regretted it) and it showed me the errors and said it deleted or handled the problems but it did not so now I heard on tv and internet about RegCure...what was I thinking...I paid for it without reading the complaints and the problemware says this:

C:\Users\Antoine\Desktop\RegCure1.htm

The File/Path References stays infected as well as the empty register keys. I fix errors but they come back. Please help:

C:\Users\Antoine\Desktop\RegCure2_files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

How did you remove Memeo backup ? This is a legitimate program

when i ran Norton it did not...

Did not what? Run slow?

I'm sorry that you paid for them, but I'd remove Stopzilla and Regcure
This is only my opinion
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users