Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

a.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lonesome28

lonesome28

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

i have a icon on my desktop (a.exe) it will not let me open or remove it. dose anyone know how or a site that will tell me how to do this and what it is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

I believe it is a virus. Run a scan with Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and see if it can be removed by them.

Edited by Stang777, 31 March 2009 - 11:40 PM.

#3 lonesome28

lonesome28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

it's not letting me run malwarebytes.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

The infection is causing that. Try changing the name of the Malwarebytes exe file in the folder you installed it in to anything else and then try running it.

How about SuperAntispyware, will that run? If it does not, just double click on runsas.exe in the folder you installed that program to. If it creates another file, then double click the file it creates. The runsas.exe either just runs the program or creates another file name for the program so it will run, I cannot remember for sure which

Edited by Stang777, 01 April 2009 - 03:30 AM.

#5 lonesome28

lonesome28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

i've tried that too. i even tried to restore to eailer date and it will not even let me do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users