Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading Questions! HELP ASAP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xodus

Xodus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:21 AM

ok people im running a Celeron 2000 on a GIGABYTE p4 titan series GA-8simlh-p(-c) and am going to do a major upgrade with a friends 4yr old dell diemtion 4500 (i think thats it..).....i was wondering if his P4 2.0Ghz CPU would work on my motherboard and also if i should use my celeron fan or see if the dell CPU heatsink will work.....also i will be getting a 64mb graphics card and a creative sound card and was wondering if they could be installed (because there from a dell i am not sure) and how can i disable the intergrated video memory and sound card........last but not least i would like to know if a samsung 128mb 400Mhz DDR RAM chip would work on the motherboard ( i have no idea what Mhz my current RAM chip is) thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:30 PM

i would check the motherbored manufactuers website for the porccesser and ram as for the video and sound card it should work fine most the time you dont have to disable the sound or video on bored but sometimes there will be jumpers you will have to change again check there web site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users