Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home Network Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Black Jack 2.0

Black Jack 2.0

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

I'm trying to set up a home network with a new computer I bought. The compter has several USB ports and one Ethernet port along with the other normal connections a desktop has. I have a Paradyne 6381-A3 router provided by my ISP, it has a phone line in, phone line out, one USB port and one Ethernet port, I'm also using a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router to use with our two laptops we have in the household. I believe I should be going from the phone wall jack to my modem, from the modem to my computer via the USB port and from my computers Ethernet port to my wireless router? The problem I'm running into is that Vista will not detect the Paradyne or allow me to install the drivers from the Paradyne disk. I even found what claimed to be Vista compatable drivers for that modem online and still can not get my desktop to connect to the modem using the USB. Any Help would be great. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 grkkid

grkkid

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Sounds like you have it connected incorrectly...

Modem will have your phone line from the wall jack plugged in.
Modem's ethernet port will go to the WAN port on your Router

Once that is established, plug your computer's Ethernet port to the router, or connect via wireless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users