Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Net Framework has added a lot of programs in add and and remove

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chiathomas

chiathomas

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

I have net framework 3.0 and 3.5 in my add and remove programs, and they have added 19 entries to the list. Are these really needed? I just use this computer for surfing and word prossesing. They take up a lot of disk space. If I delete the 2 programs will the 19 entries be deleted also. I get a lot of "ie has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" since installing the 2 programs. XP IE6

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

For most users, .NET Framework is not needed. It's a requirement for several programs, but it's not necessary for Windows XP and its basic functions. You can safely uninstall both 3.0 and 3.5. You will know if you need them if one of your programs suddenly stops working, but once again, only a few programs require these.

#3 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

You have to uninstall all unwanted software from Add remove program like .net frame work. You can use REVOUNINSTALLER to uninstall any kibd of unwanted software from registry also. if in future you think there is need of .net so you can install it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users