Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Anti-Virus Software Issue / AVG Free 8.5.285

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mortgagemike77

mortgagemike77

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Good evening! I am not sure I have an issue or not but I have never had an anti virus scan return such a thing and the list has grown over the past week. I am currently running Microsoft XP Home Media Center and I am not exactly sure which files have added themselves as locked over the specified time.

I recently downloaded HijackThis but as that forum seems to be jammed I didn't want to add to the workload there. What should I do to look into this matter? I have done the following already:

1. Scanned with Kapersky - Trojan found in Outlook Express deleted items - cleared those and now clean
2. Attempted TrendMicro's Housecall without success - wouldn't run on my machine although it HAS in the past
3. Ran Malwarebyes and Windows Defender with no infections showing

Am I paranoid? What other information can I provide to make that determination?

Thank you guys very much in advance for any help. You all do an amazing thing here!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hello. these are normal findings in scans. They are skipped files. When the scanner runs it comes across these Operating System files and they are not allowed "locked" by the system to be scanned. It is a way of the system protecting important files from being accessed by what may be a dangerous device.
If you still feel a little paranoia feel free to post that section of the AVG scan that showed them.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users