Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me pleaseeee

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sportman32922

sportman32922

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

i have a hp pavilion a6050y desktop computer with windows vista ultimate. i am having the hardest time staying connected online..i have called hp and spoke with the tech dept and i have also called my router provider and spoken with them as well...no one has seemed to help me thus far..hellppp me someone...i am using my desk top wireless. i use a d-link router dir-615 and a d-link dwa-130 wireless. can some one please give me some pointers..i cant even use my computer, it stays connected maybe 2min or so, and then disconnects. it does reconnects when i reboot without a problem, but it wont stay connnected..thanks...troy.

Edited by The weatherman, 31 March 2009 - 07:33 PM.
Removed e:mail address. TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Carpetsmoker

Carpetsmoker

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

Is there any possibility on using the desktop wired?
It is a bit more work to set up since you have to lay a cable, but in general it works much better & more reliable.

* Sorry I'm not able to offer more helpful advice ...
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things.

#3 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

The D-link model dir-615 router is junk.

I bought one, took it back and exchanged it for a second one, then returned that one a couple days later.
Both got very hot, I believe that lead to the second ones rapid demise. Both had issues with constantly dropping the connections. The reason I returned the first one, and would have return the second one for that reason if it hadn't burnt out first.

I exchanged the second one for the WBR-2310, it works works pretty good.

#4 Carpetsmoker

Carpetsmoker

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

The D-link model dir-615 router is junk.

No it's not, I sell about 10 each week and receive very few of them back -- Much less than Linksys for example.
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things.

#5 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

Hi Mate,

Please connect your desktop through wire and check if you are still dropped connection.. if thats the case then its problem with your ISP
If everything is fine by using cable, then connect wireless and check status.

If the connection keeps dropping I would suggest changing the channel for wireless. This can be done by logging on Router web browser, something like 192.168.1.1 same as your default gateway address. You can check these by right clicking "LAN" or "wireless" and selecting "status" and then "support"

Try these out and let us know how it goes.
Cheers

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users