Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Laptop to TV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jat90

Jat90

• Members
  • 1,515 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hello all,

I am getting increasingly frustrated at my attempts to connect my Laptop L20 Toshiba Equium to my Sony Trinitron TV. My Laptop does not have S-Video out, only VGA. My TV does not have VGA In, only S-Video.

I therefore purchased the following cables from amazon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I connected it all up (VGA into my Laptop, S-Video into my VGA converter and into the TV and audio cables from laptop to TV)

I went through all of the inputs on my TV and the best I can get is sound on one of the inputs, I therefore figured this was the input in which the Video would be displayed. However I just cannot get Video onto the TV! I've tried for at least 2 hours now and I have just about given up. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Update:

I read around google and so I went into display properties on the control panel, I went to the "Settings" tab and I was presented with 2 screens with numbering on them. I clicked screen 2, ticked the box "Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor" and hit apply, my screen went black my tv made a noise like it was accepting a different frequency then my screen came back on and this box went back to being unticked. I guess this is the root to my problem.

I also hit Fn + F5 and went across to "TV" and selected it, nothing happened. I tried the other options too but nothing. The other options are "LCD, LCD/CRT, CRT, LCD/TV and TV.

Please help.

Edited by Jat90, 31 March 2009 - 05:05 PM.

- Jat90 -

If I have not responded to you within 24 hours, then please feel free to send me a message.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users