Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cajunbk

cajunbk

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Hi, I am new to this site so here is my problem. I have been trying to download antivirus software and it will never finish the download completely. Also when I tried AVG, it said 14hours. Avast says 4hours. I know dialup is a lot slower but is this right? I did try AVG at one time a few months back and it only made my pc freeze up so I uninstalled it. Now as I try to dnload Avast, it will go for about an hour then it says "download complete". What is causing this? I am about to pull my hair out. Can someone PLEASE Help???????????

Thanks so much,

Windows XP 2002
Sp3
512RAM
Capacity 37.2GB
Free space available 29GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wyerleader

wyerleader

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

Hi cajun I am new here also But it sounds like you have something infected already.Have you tried to down load spy bot search and destroy yet. you may have to do it from safe mode.Also these fine folks turned me on to Malwarebytes that does a good job of getting rid of the bugs that block well known anti spy and virus tools.I had to have a friend down load spybot AND avast on his computer and put them on a disk and then load them that way to get past a blocker one time. Hope it helps a little. Wyer

#3 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

Do you have a friend with high speed internet? School? Library? Neighbor? Relative? Dialup and large downloads are tough. If you can find a source to help you with a high speed connection then download the antivirus onto a usb drive or cd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users