Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP Addresses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sheridan

sheridan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:58 PM

Im hoping someone could please answer the following question for me.

Im aware every computer has an individual ip address, however, is it possible for a computer to throw out different addresses??
I have a website that logs the ip addresses from ppl that visit it.
I only know of 1 or 2 people that look at the site, as it is not advertised, yet i get different ip addresses when I view my stats.

Also, does the text after the address eg 0.0.0.0."iprimus.net.au" mean anything??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:54 AM

Hello sheridan and welcome to BC.

Most ISP's use Dynamic Addressing which means that when you log onto the internet your computer will be assigned a different IP Address each time. This is especially true with dial up connections. So whoever is looking at your site will likely show a different IP Address each time, even if its the same person.

Also, does the text after the address eg 0.0.0.0."iprimus.net.au" mean anything??

This will be the Internet Service Provider that supplies the IP Address. iprimus.net.au

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users